Improving Patient Care and Sales Performance With Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
Analyses of EMR utilization have shown that physicians are not using EMRs to their full potential. The good news is that when provided with support—physicians are able to better utilize their EMR to improve patient care and quickly adopt new therapies
An EMR is an information system that has advanced tools and decision support capabilities, well beyond simple practice searches and patient recalls that you may have heard about.
This CCPE course will teach you what an Opportunistic, Retrospective, or Intentional EMR tool is so that you are in a position to discuss them and encourage their use by your target physicians. Physicians armed with a better understanding of these tools will work directly in their EMR in a self-directed manner to build and deploy them; and therefore you will be able to add value without requiring access to private patient medical records.
Note: EMR tool principles taught in this course are applicable across your list of target physicians who may use different software as the EMRs in Canada have very similar capabilities given their requirement to conform to provincial specifications.
After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Discuss the intended benefits of EMR, the rationale for, current state of adoption, and key vendors in the market;
- Discuss the capabilities and limitations of EMR;
- Describe the key principles of EMR tool design and development that help healthcare providers improve patient care and the prescribing of appropriate therapies;
- Describe the anticipated future state for EMR in Canada in preparation for the changes to come and the opportunities they present.
- 50 multiple choice questions
- Suggested Hours of Study 5
- Quizzes 0
- Suggested Hours of Study 8 hrs
- Course Completion 3 months
- Course Format Paper w/ PDF
- RxTx No
- Language English
- Pages 82 Pages
- Orientation Package
- # of Questions 50
- Time Limit 60 min
- Passing Grade 60%
- Price $1,040.00
- Corporate Member $520.00
- Corporate Non-Member $2,600.00