The CCPE Continuing Education Units
The CCPE is pleased to announce that its courses are now accredited by SOFEDUC (recognized by IACET). SOFEDUC has certified CCPE to deliver Continuous Education Units (CEU) for all of its courses. These courses help the pharmaceutical community maintain the highest possible standards and credibility within the healthcare community. SOFEDUC / IACET authorized provider status means that CCPE is:
- Compliant with proven, research-based criteria created by the U.S. Department of Education
- Dedicated to high standards of quality in continuing education and training
- Authorized to award CEU, the hallmark of quality in continuing education and training
What this means to CCPE customers:
CCPE graduates can be proud of completing programs of the highest educational quality. These courses can also be a benefit when graduates apply for college or university, as some of the courses may be credited.
Since March 12, 2007, participants who successfully complete the course receive a certificate showing the SOFEDUC logo and the amount of credits. CEU credits can be accumulated towards a special certificate. They also demonstrate your commitment to maintaining your competence as a health care professional. In providing education to adults in a self-regulated industry, the courses must meet the highest standards, and apply adult learning principles.
List of our courses and corresponding number of Continuing Education Units (CEU)
- Accreditation: 25
- Biosimilars In Canada: 2.6
- Cardiology: 10
- Communicating the VALUE of innovative medicines & vaccines: 0.5
- Continuing Health Education (CHE): 4
- Dermatology: 5.5
- Endocrinology: 7
- Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM): 4
- Field Sales Management: 3
- Gastroenterology: 5
- Gerontology: 7
- Health Care In Canada: 3
- Immunology: 4.5
- IMS Health Compliance: 0.2
- Infectious Diseases: 8
- Managing People: 3
- Metabolic Syndrome & Diabetes: 4
- Neurology: 7
- McGill University Oncology I: 6
- Persuasion Rx: How to Influence Ethically: 4
- Pharmacoeconomics: 1.5
- Psychiatry: 7
- Respirology: 4.5
- Rheumatology: 8
- Women’s Health: 3
SOFEDUC Continuous Education Units (CEU) are based on 10 quality criteria aiming to the respect of the good practices at each level of the continuous education activities (organization, learning and evaluation). These criteria guaranty the following educational aspects:
- Needs Identification: Each learning program is planned in response to the identified needs of a target audience.
- Learning Outcomes: The provider has clear and concise written statements of intended learning outcomes (e.g., behavioural or performance objectives) based on identified needs for each learning program.
- Organization: The provider must have an identifiable continuing education or training unit or group with assigned responsibility for administering continuing education units through learning programs conducted during training sessions, workshops, concurrent sessions, events, or conferences.
- Planning, and Instructional Personnel: Qualified personnel are involved in planning and conducting each learning program.
- Content and Instructional Methods: Content and instructional methods are appropriate for the learning outcomes of each learning program.
- Post-Program Evaluation: Each learning program is evaluated.
- Learning Environmental and Support Systems: A learning environment and support services, appropriate to the continuing education or training goals and learning outcomes, are provided.
- Responsibility and Control: The provider, through its continuing education or training unit, ensures that SOFEDUC criteria are followed.
- Assessment of Learning Outcomes: Procedures established during learning program planning are used to assess achievement of the learning outcomes.
- System for Awarding the CEU: The provider has a system in place to identify learners who meet requirements for satisfactory completion. The provider maintains a complete, permanent (at least 7 years) record of each learner’s participation, and can provide a copy of that record upon request.