Oncology Representatives, Marketers and the various job functions supporting customers and patients will become important resources in the industry requiring a high standard of specialized education not found anywhere else.
CCPE’s new learning program Oncology – The Molecular Kiss of Death: A True Detective Story is a major step forward in providing the specialized information necessary for work in the area. The depth and breadth of knowledge required in this subject is different for different individuals. Therefore, the molecular oncology course has been designed to allow students to select their own specialized content.
The molecular oncology course is divided into 6 Chapters in 3 Units (Main-line course) plus tools:
- Cancer Foundations – Chapters 1 through 4
- Neoplastic Specialties and Therapeutics – Chapter 5
- Patient Considerations – Chapter 6
We have developed 3 online formative exams (you learn during the exam too!). There are 2 exams for Cancer Foundations (chapters 1 & 2 and then chapters 3 & 4) and 1 exam for Patient Considerations (chapter 6). The design allows for more time and reduced content per exam leading to less stress levels for students. All students are required to review chapters 1 through 4 and 6 in preparation for the 3 separate exams.
Neoplastic Specialties and Therapeutics (chapter 5) will have no exam. The student simply selects their areas of study specialty based on their own needs.
The course also has a parallel PDF file “Rolling Reference” for Cancer Foundations using a hyperlink sorting mechanism for interested students to go further in deepening their knowledge using additional material without worrying about additional content being on exams.
TOOLS FOR YOUR TABLET/COMPUTER
- A “Rolling Reference” PDF for Cancer Foundations with hyperlink search to “go deeper” if so desired
- A PDF of all references/bibliography
- A free license for CPhA’s CPS Full Access
This course is considered a new course for any students who have completed CCPE’s previous Oncology courses including – Oncology I & II.
After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Discuss Oncology and its epidemiology holistically
- Discuss detection and diagnosis of cancer
- Describe the treatment of various types of cancer
- Explain methods for oncology patient support
MOLECULAR ONCOLOGY COURSE EXAM INFORMATION
Since these are formative exams, you will be able to retake the exams as often as necessary to pass the course.
- Cancer Foundations: 2 Multiple Choice Exams (time limit of 3 hours, 100 questions for each exam)
- Patient Considerations: 1 Multiple Choice Exam (time limit of 3 hours, 100 questions)
- Neoplastic Specialties and Therapeutics: No Exam
HOW TO ACCESS A COURSE EXCERPT
Just click the Curriculum tab (above) then the green button to view a course excerpt.
- Suggested Hours of Study 32
- Quizzes 0
- Suggested Hours of Study 80 hours +
- Course Completion 12 months
- Course Format 3 Binders of printed material
- CPS Full Access Yes
- Language English
- Pages 1,946
- C.E. Credits What is this? 20
- Time Limit 9 hours (total for 3 exams)
- Passing Grade 55%
- Price $2,472.00
- Corporate Member $1,236.00
- Corporate Non-Member $6,180.00