NEXT WEBINAR IS SCHEDULED FOR:
This 3-hour, virtual instructor-led training event is a global review of learning theory and learning design guidelines. It is meant to enhance the current abilities in instructional design of learning creators. Highly theoretical, it is delivered in a conversational, lighthearted and interactive fashion, and presumes that the attendees are minimally familiar with learning principles, and have some experience in learning design. The class focuses on:
- The instructional design methodology
- Learning and memory theory
- Adult learning principles
- Learning design guidelines, including writing both learning objectives and content
- The use of media in eLearning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS CLASS
Training professionals of any industry that are looking to validate or enhance their understanding and their knowledge of the theory of learning design, with a focus on eLearning. Attendees can expect to increase their knowledge on learning theory and practice, as well as:
- Leverage their abilities across all learning-related tasks
- Save costs by rendering learning experts more independent of agency involvement
- Better understand learner needs and guidelines when creating engaging online training
THE LEARNING OBJECTIVES OF THIS CLASS ARE:
- To summarize learning theory and to identify some of the relevant aspects to our practice.
- To describe the instructional design process when designing e-learning for adults.
- To review global e-learning design guidelines and to discuss the types of media used and when they are applicable
Edouard Rotondo, M. Ed, President & Founder of Studio 7 Communications
Edouard is an instructional designer with a master’s degree in educational technology and further graduate studies in management and marketing. Since 2004, he has led the transformation of Studio 7 into a corporate training leader, redefining the benchmark for quality and service in this market.
“This course is so very engaging and interactive. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to elevate their training design skills and understand what facilitation really means in today’s new remote-work paradigm.” – Learning Officer
“This class really helped me to re-think how to design for online training. I used to think that my classes were engaging with a clean PPT deck and a few group questions here and there. This workshop demonstrated how engaging virtual classes can truly be when you focus on the learners and you play the role of facilitator, not presenter.” – Learning Advisor
“This workshop is a memorable learning experience. It helped me rethink what facilitation really means, and how you can design a 3-hour online class that engages the learners in the best possible ways. Time just flew by!” – Educational content coordinator
THE FINE PRINT
The webinar will be held for a minimum of 5 registrants. If we cancel because of a lack of registrations, your fee is fully refundable. A cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee will be imposed if you cancel at least 48 hours prior to the webinar. Your cancellation within 48 hrs of the webinar (or absence) forfeits your entire registration fee. In this case, a webinar recording will be available to you for a limited time. There will be no exceptions.
(Please understand that we have to pay for administrative set up of the technology, reserve the Facilitators’ time and respect other students’ commitment.)
There is no exam for this course. This course will count towards CCPE awards but is not eligible for CCPE medals.
- Suggested Hours of Study 0
- Quizzes 0
- Suggested Hours of Study 0 hours
- Course Completion 3 hours
- Course Format Zoom
- CPS Full Access No
- Language English + French
- C.E. Credits What is this? 0.3
- Time Limit N/A
- Passing Grade N/A
- Price $700.00
- Corporate Member $350.00
- Corporate Non-Member $1750.00