Canadian Pharma employees tend to be asked (by a wide cross section of the population) about how cannabis is being used in medicine.
Learn how medical cannabis is affecting Healthcare providers, their patients and the pharmaceutical industry as a whole.
Since the legalization of “recreational” cannabis in Canada, Canadians are becoming more and more comfortable turning to cannabis and cannabis products to self-medicate health concerns. Anecdotally, cannabis has long been considered therapeutic, and healthcare professionals are encountering cannabis as a relevant factor in numerous therapeutic categories. This arena is rapidly evolving, with exploding research, patient and HCP advocacy and wide access. From chronic pain to obesity to psychiatry, there are few medical areas untouched by what is being called “cannabinoid medicine”.
In this comprehensive course, you will learn how cannabis is disrupting and changing the medical landscape in Canada and gain basic knowledge on the plant, its effects on the body, the cannabis industry and legal framework, emerging research, safety, physician attitudes and much, much more.
After completing the course, you should be able to:
- Discuss historical usage and usage in the current Canadian regulatory environment
- Describe the chemical interactions with the endocannabinoid system and their applications in medicine
- Discuss the current research and use in clinical practice
20 multiple choice questions.
PDF COPY OF YOUR COURSE
Once registered, follow this link to download your PDF copy.
This course is available in english only.
- Suggested Hours of Study 6
- Quizzes 0
- Suggested Hours of Study 10 hrs
- Course Completion 3 months
- Course Format Print & PDF
- CPS Full Access Yes
- Language English
- Pages 101 pages
- C.E. Credits What is this? 1
- Orientation Package
- # of Questions 20
- Time Limit 30 min
- Passing Grade 60%
- Price $990.00
- Corporate Member $495.00
- Corporate Non-Member $2,475.00