Online Training based on #1 Wall Street Journal and a New York Times Bestseller, Seeing the Big Picture.
Chances are, you work for a company or organization that needs to operate on sound business principles. And while you are fluent in the language of your particular function, something extremely vital, it is progressively more vital that you become fluent in the language of business… and that language tends to also sound a bit like the language of finance.
That’s where this online course comes in, building your business acumen. The dictionary defines acumen as “keen insight,” or, “mental acuteness.” In this course, you will gain keen insights into how business really works.
Our goal is not to turn you into an accountant. Rather, our goal is to give you a better understanding of business, and then help you apply those concepts to your function to affect your organization within the Pharmaceutical Industry. Doing this will help you make better decisions and have greater impact as you confront the many global and economic pressures put on Pharmaceutical companies.
Simplify the complexities of businesses large and small and gain a deep understanding of your company to help build the credibility and career you want. Make your work more fulfilling and purpose-driven by realizing how you influence the success of your team, department, and organization. Get started today!
- Describe what measures are important to executives.
- List and discuss the 5 Business Drivers all successful companies must focus on.
- Discuss a company’s financial statements.
- Communicate your company strategy and performance.
- Create an action plan detailing how you will positively impact company results.
This course will count towards CCPE awards but is not eligible for CCPE medals. There is no exam for this course. However, you will be required to complete the CCPE Assignments, as outlined within the course.
- Suggested Hours of Study 3
- Quizzes 0
- Suggested Hours of Study 5 hrs.
- Course Completion 6 months
- Course Format E-Learning
- CPS Full Access No
- Language English
- C.E. Credits What is this? 0.5
- Time Limit N/A
- Passing Grade N/A
- Price $800.00
- Corporate Member $400.00
- Corporate Non-Member $2,000.00
Course Breakdown - Part 1: The 5 Business Drivers
- The 5 Business Drivers that power any business are these: Cash, Profit, Assets, Growth, and People. While each Driver is unique and based on a specific set of key metrics, you cannot affect one without influencing the performance of another. In Part 1 of this course, you’ll be introduced to basic building blocks of business and also the financial metrics and measures that apply to all businesses. Toward the end of each module or Driver, there are a series of videos applying these general concepts to the pharmaceutical industry. Throughout these modules, we challenge you to think through your role and the pressures your function is facing, and to identify your impact through discussion boards, workbooks, and assignments.
Part 2: The Financials
- Related to these 5 Business Drivers are three core financial statements that every public company uses to judge its current strength and future prospects. The relationships between Cash and the Statement of Cash Flows, Profit and the Income Statement, and Assets and the Balance Sheet, form the foundation of the 5-Driver model. In Part 2 of this course, you’ll take the principles and metrics you learned in the 5 Business Drivers and apply that to understand and analyze, line-by-line, the financial statements of a company within the pharmaceutical ecosystem.
Part 3: Assignments
- Building Business Acumen is a process, not an event, and we’re here to help you along the way. This section contains all of the linked assignments you’ll complete during Part 1. Also included are online tools and resources, a digital download of the bestselling book, Seeing the Big Picture, and follow-up team activities to apply key takeaways and action items to your role.