ABOUT THE ELECTION
Call for CCPE Member Company Field Based Personnel to represent Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic on the CCPE Board.
The Pharmaceutical Industry Environment has become more complicated and dynamic over the last decade requiring a CCPE Board with a consistently high standard of experience. In an attempt to develop a balance between newly elected Delegates and Delegates with CCPE Board experience, we will be holding elections for Regional Delegate positions in 3 regions.
Elections to be held in:
- Atlantic (NB, NS, PE, NL)
The representative(s) with the most votes in each region will be nominated for election by the member companies at the AGM to be held in December 2023.
The Role and Responsibilities of Regional Delegates
Regional Delegates are a vital link between the CCPE Board of Directors and the Pharmaceutical community within their respective regions. Regional Delegates are advisors on issues related to CCPE mandates, namely course orientation and relevance, exam process, professional development, marketing and image. Both in the field and within their organizations, Delegates promote the value of CCPE to all stakeholders. At the Board level they provide input, act as a sounding board, actively debate and influence decisions critical to the operation of the organization.
All delegates will sit on the CCPE board of directors for a period of two years. The workload is less than 4 days a year which includes up to 4 Board meetings (video conference and/or in-person), meeting preparation and any post meeting review of meeting minutes, strategic planning and governance information. Meetings are held on a Tuesday once a quarter and start no earlier than 10 AM and finish no later than 4:30 PM to accommodate travel. Travel and accommodation to the meetings which you attend in-person are paid by CCPE.
To run for election you must:
- Be a field based CCPE accredited professional and work for a member company.
List of Member Companies
- Complete the CANDIDACY FORM
- Write a biographical sketch (900 characters maximum).
- Indicate why you wish to sit on the Board of Directors (max 450 characters) and,
- Provide a photo (optional) for posting on the Gallery of Candidates web page (you can send your photo by e-mail to Elections).
To vote you must:
- Be a CCPE accredited professional working for a member company.
- Access the CCPE website starting on November 30th, 2023 and vote online for the candidate of your choice.
- Vote only for a candidate representing the geography in which the majority of your territory lies (either by geography or revenues)
The deadline to submit your candidacy is Midnight
Sunday November 26, 2023
All ballots will be tabulated at the CCPE office. The candidate(s) from each region who receive the most votes will be nominated for election by member organizations at the AGM. The nomination results will be available on this website. We sincerely hope that your increased contribution to our activities will allow CCPE to better understand and satisfy educational needs of the pharmaceutical community.