Understanding Market Access Submissions: Private Payers
This CCPE course, Understanding Market Access Submissions: Private Payers, is a follow up to previous CCPE courses Pharmaceutical Market Access in Canada and a complement to Understanding Market Access Submissions: Public Payers Series for Canada.
Traditionally, public payers were seen to be the stakeholders with the most cost pressures and the most aggressive cost containment strategies. Pharmaceutical manufacturers traditionally prioritized reimbursement strategies primarily targeting public payers and took for granted that private payers would reimburse the new drug products.
In the past few years, the attention has shifted to private payers, who have taken their own initiatives to introduce more aggressive cost containment strategies to keep their drug plans affordable and sustainable. Private payer reimbursement can no longer be taken for granted as insurers and plan sponsors are taking more aggressive steps to control costs. It is important to obtain a deep understanding of the private payer market, including the various roles and responsibilities of stakeholders in the decision-making process, as well as understanding its review process and submission requirements.
After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the process for submitting for a listing on major private drug formularies
- Discuss where to find the latest submission processes
25 multiple choice questions.
- Suggested Hours of Study 12
- Quizzes 0
- Suggested Hours of Study 8 hrs
- Course Completion 6 months
- Course Format Paper
- RxTx No
- Language English
- Pages 76 pages
- C.E. Credits What is this? 1
- Orientation Package
- # of Questions 25
- Time Limit 30 min
- Passing Grade 60%
- Price $1000.00 (or Free with purchase of both Access Submissions - Public Payers Canada & Quebec)
- Corporate Member $500.00 (or Free with purchase of both Access Submissions - Public Payers Canada & Quebec)
- Corporate Non-Member $2,500.00 (or Free with purchase of both Access Submissions - Public Payers Canada & Quebec)
SECTION 2 - OVERVIEW OF REIMBURSEMENT LANDSCAPE
SECTION 3 - OVERVIEW OF THE DRUG REIMBURSEMENT REVIEW PROCESSES
SECTION 4 - PRIVATE PAYER SUBMISSIONS FOR BRAND DRUG PRODUCTS